Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Things I needed


During my 1st run I realized a lot of things. Things that I lacked and things that I need to improve on. At the top of the list is a good pair of running shoes! I used a Nike Metro Plus  during my 1st run and realized that I can’t do the job that I want it to do with the old pair so I needed to buy a new pair of shoes. During a family trip to Calamba, we made a pit stop on one of the gasoline stations on the highway and they have a Nike Depot Store. So I went in with my wife and son hoping I can find a pair that I can use to replace the Metro that was making my feet hurt with every step when running.
I was looking at the stock that they have when my wife called my attention to look at pair of blue Nike Air Max Moto 7, it was love at first sight! Good buy at 2,500, mall price is around 5,000. Next thing I needed was a Nike pacer – luckily, the shoes I bought is Nike Plus model. All I had to do is buy a Nike Plus kit. I asked my friend who introduced me to running how reliable is his Nike Plus sports band and how much it was – 3, 200. Good thing I had an  Ipod Nano that I can use like the sports band and also the kit is way cheaper 1.8K. A week after.. I was ready to practice on the road (I practiced once on Amoranto without a pacer. One lap is 400m so that means I need to do 25 laps… problem is if I lose count, I needed to do extra laps just to make sure I did 25). I also bought a pair of running socks (never in my wildest imagination that a pair of socks would cost 500php but I needed it that’s why I bought it). I also needed a pair of running shorts but I only realized that during my 1st 21km race.
There goes my list of expenses, haha.

No comments:

Post a Comment