Tuesday, September 21, 2010

KARDIO MAN

It all started here…
I love basketball! I would play as much as I can… against guys who are way faster, bigger and better than me but still find a way to at least at par with them. I’m a competitive person I don’t like playing with guys who I know aren’t any better than me. All I can think about is basketball until I was introduced to running and it all changed!
I used to run about 3km to 5km, 4 to 5 times a week to support my basketball so that even if most guys play better I’ll have a better cardio for and edge and be at par with them. Then a friend suggested that I join our gym’s running event. I was skeptical and anxious about it.. mind you the distance was only 10k. Eventually he successfully convinced me since another friend was joining and we’ll just be at the “same running level”. I joined because I won’t be alone running that 10km stretch. I thought I had ample time to train and increase my treadmill time substantially so I’ll be prepared for the event.
Time passed and the event came.. I was so excited I wasn’t able to sleep the night before (little did I know that it would be an SOP to every major event) but still come early morning I was full of energy. I came to the site just a little over 10mins before the gun start. Luckily I was already in my Nike Metro Plus (my 1st running shoes if it is a running but either way that was the one I used for my 1st run) I saw my friends , joined them stretch… which I thought back then was just a waste of time. Until I was taught the error of my ways.  After stretching.. was the GUNSTART! We began our 10km run… thinking to myself I practiced long and hard enough so it would be easy. Boy was I wrong,but still managed to finish with a time of 1h 3m 8s Not bad for my 1st run. Plus I discovered a lot of things that I would use in all of the runs. Bottom line is.. I just dumped Ms. Basketball for Ms. Run.  Kardio Man just found his new love.

No comments:

Post a Comment